Bug in icpc causing Don's problems

Mark Mitchell mark at codesourcery.com
Fri Sep 30 06:15:42 UTC 2005

Don McCoy wrote:
> Mark Mitchell wrote:
>
>> We should report this problem to Intel.  I know the Intel tools manager,
>> so I'm sure I can get a bug report processed.  Will you please send me
>> (a) the command-line you're using to do the compilation, and (b) put the
>> preprocessed source (output of "icpc -E") somewhere?  I'll take it from
>> there.
>>
> The command line is in the script /home/don/gem_issue/build.  It is:
>
> cpc -I/home/don/vpp/src -I/home/don/vpp/tests \
>    -g -O2 matvec.cpp -o matvec /home/don/vpp/src/vsip/libvsip.a
>
> I ran the preprocessor on it and put results in 'matvec-pre-processed.cpp'
>
> Thanks for your help with this.

I've sent a bug report to the manager of Intel's compiler group.  I'll
keep you posted as to what we hear back.  I'd suggest trying compilation
with "-O2 -ip" or even "-fast"; you'll probably get better code, and if
that function gets inlined, things are likely to work better.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark at codesourcery.com